- Biffa Award is unable to fund sporting related projects including, but not limited to floodlighting. However, we do consider applications from sport clubs for the building works or improvements to clubhouse facilities, that can demonstrate multi-usage within the wider community, and that are not for the sole use of the sports club or any other organisation
- The project site is within five miles of a significant Biffa operation or within 10 miles of an active Biffa Landfill site. Check your project postcode using the Postcode Checker below
- The project site is also within 10 miles of any licensed landfill site (To find your nearest landfill site, telephone the regulator Entrust on 01926 488300)
- The applicant organisation and project are eligible for enrolment and registration with the scheme’s regulator, ENTRUST. These will be conditions of any grant approved. Please note that organisations must be not for profit. Local authorities cannot apply or enrol
- The site is owned by the applicant or there is a signed lease of more than 10 years in place between the applicant and the landowner
- The total cost of the project is less than £200,000 inclusive of VAT
- There will be a minimum of 104 days of full public access to the project per year
- Any Biffa Award grant will be used for site-based improvement work, not for movable equipment, storage facilities or staff as core costs
- Biffa Award is unable to fund retrospectively, so you should only apply for funding for work that will take place in the future
To find out the deadlines for this scheme visit our submission deadline page.
To find out more download our Guidance Notes.