Projects under the Rebuilding Biodiversity theme support a variety of living things, including all species of plants and animals and the natural systems/habitats that support them. Work can include habitat improvement works, tree surgery, scrub removal, and the purchase of plants, seeds and trees. Unfortunately, research costs cannot be funded. Ideally projects will have a strong element of public access or inclusion such as volunteer involvement.
- The project site must be within 15 miles of a significant Biffa operation. Check your project’s postcode using the Postcode Checker below.
- The project site must also be within 10 miles of any licensed landfill site. To find your nearest landfill site, telephone the regulator Entrust on 01926 488300.
- If you’re not the landowner, you will need to have a signed landowner agreement in place agreeing to access for maintenance, surveying and monitoring for a period of not less than 8 years from completion of the project.
- The total cost of the project must be less than £200,000 including VAT.
- The majority of costs should be direct capital delivery work.
- Staff costs must not exceed 7.5% of the deliverable capital elements.
- The project must have specific targets in relation to a Biodiversity Action Plan and must deliver a direct improvement to habitats and/or species. Research will not be funded.
- Your organisation must have the support of key agencies, and have relevant experienced partners involved in the project’s delivery.
- There must be a strong element of public access or inclusion, such as volunteer involvement.
- There must be a management plan in place for the key species/habitat(s) involved for each site.
To find out more download our Guidance Notes. Please note that these might have changed if you have applied for funding before.
Am I Eligible?
I live within 10 miles of an active Landfill site.
Locations Near Me
Unfortunately you are not eligible for a grant from Biffa Award