St Martins Church has served the community of West Acton since 1906 and the current church hall was built in the 1950s. It is home to 12 community groups including Brownies and Guides, youth groups, ballet and pilates groups and a ballroom dancing groups.
The building housed a stage at one end and a kitchen and storage room at the other. Although the hall is well used, the large stage area had not been used for years and was taking up valuable floor space. The wooden floor was in a bad state of repair and the building only had single glazing meaning it was very cold in winter.
St Martins was awarded £34,000 of funding to renovate the church hall, including removing the redundant stage to open up the floor area, installing double glazing and refurbishing the entrance area to include step-free access. The work will make a big difference to those who use the church hall.
Back to our Impact.