- Biffa Award is unable to fund sporting related projects. However, we do consider applications from sport clubs for the building works or improvements to clubhouse facilities, that can demonstrate multi-usage within the wider community, and that are not for the sole use of the sports club or any other organisation.
- The project’s site is within 5 miles of a significant Biffa operation or within 10 miles of an active Biffa Landfill site. Check your project’s postcode using the Postcode Checker below.
- The project’s site is also within 10 miles of any licensed landfill site (To find your nearest landfill site, visit the Environment Agency website)
- The applicant organisation and project are eligible for enrolment and registration with the scheme’s regulator, ENTRUST. These will be conditions of any grant approved. Please note that organisations must be not for profit. Local authorities cannot apply or enrol
- The total cost of the project is less than £200,000 inclusive of VAT
- There will be a minimum of 104 days of full public access to the project per year
- Any Biffa Award grant will be used for site-based improvement work, not for equipment, running costs or storage facilities
- Biffa Award is unable to fund retrospectively, so you should only apply for funding for work that will take place in the future
- The site is owned by the applicant or there is a signed lease of more than ten years in place between the applicant and the landowner.
To find out more download our Grants Scheme Guidance Notes.