Changes to funding criteria
As less waste is going into landfill sites and the percentage of tax that can be distributed through the Landfill Communities Fund is decreasing, we have had to tighten our eligibility criteria.
We know this can be disappointing, but Biffa Award as a scheme is heavily oversubscribed and there is now less funding to distribute. The following changes will come into effect as of 1st
· All Community Buildings and Recreation (ENTRUST D and E) projects must be within 5 miles
of a Biffa operation and 10 miles of any landfill sites or 10 miles
of an active Biffa Landfill site. Please check your eligibility with our postcode checker
· All Rebuilding Biodiversity (ENTRUST DA) projects must be within 15 miles
of a Biffa operation. Please check your eligibility with our postcode checker
· The Small Grants Scheme will be closed in its current form.
· Biffa Award will now have one grant scheme where applicants can apply for between £10,000 and £75,000, with the project total cost not exceeding £200,000 inc VAT.
· The Cultural Facilities theme will no longer be open to applications through the Main and Small Grants Schemes; instead we will support heritage projects through our Partnership Scheme project with the Association of Independent Museums.
If you have any queries about these points or your project’s eligibility, please get in touch with a member of the team on 01636 670000 or via firstname.lastname@example.org Meeting dates and application deadlines
We will hold three board meetings per year, where two themes will be reviewed at each meeting. Your grants officer will advise which meeting your project will be taken to and advise on application deadline dates accordingly. Dates to be confirmed.
November 2016 – Community Buildings and Rebuilding Biodiversity
February 2017 – Rebuilding Biodiversity and Recreation
June 2017 – Recreation and Community Buildings
Application deadlines will be timetabled throughout the year, in line with the meeting schedule above.